The impaired function of the liver leads to numerous health issues, as this organ plays a major role in all metabolic processes in the body.
With the help of vitamin K, it produces proteins, which are essential in blood clotting, it breaks down old and damaged blood cells, breaks down fats and produces energy in the fat metabolism.
The liver can regenerate on its own, but you need to take proper care of it, as it is extremely important for overall health. Liver damage is most often a result of obesity, unhealthy diet, excessive alcohol consumption and some medications.
People in Asia and Africa used tamarind in numerous traditional healing methods for centuries. It soothes gastrointestinal distress, supports heart health, regulates cholesterol, and much more.
This natural cure detoxifies the liver, removes accumulated fat, protects it, helps digestion, treats bile issues, and improves overall health.
These are the health benefits of tamarind:
- It lowers cholesterol levels, and thus protects the heart
- It treats intestinal infections in children
- It alkalizes the body and improves the function of the bile in the liver
- Tamarind is rich in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, which protects the gums, and supports many body functions
- It normalizes the procession and treats constipation. Just boil some tamarind fruit and eat a few tablespoons of it.
- It treats dysentery.
- It reduces hepatitis.
- Tamarind tea treats malarial fever.
- Tamarind is a real super food, as it is extremely high in nutrients, including fiber, magnesium, thiamin, iron, copper, phosphorus, and calcium.
- It is also rich in antioxidants, such as phenols and naringenin, which fight against some cancers.
Here is how to prepare a natural remedy which will help you treat fatty liver disease and hepatitis:
Add 2 handfuls of peeled tamarind and a liter of water in the blender. Blend well, strain, and drink this remedy during the entire day.
To prepare tamarind tea, add 25 well-washed tamarind leaves in a pot with 1 liter of water, boil for 15-20 minutes, leave it to cool, and drink it. You can sweeten it with brown sugar or honey. You should drink the tea twice a day, a cup in the morning, and another cup in the evening.